Sunday, March 7, 2010

Random thoughts from the Bathroom



So I like to do these rambles on things in life that I think about way more than I should. These thoughts usually are petty and mean very little to most, but since you’re still reading this, it at least intrigues you.  Today’s deep thought is about bathroom doors.  About 85% of all public bathrooms that I go into have a metal door that swings towards the toilet.  Why?  Why not outwards? Is there an obvious reason that I’m missing here?  All I know is that when I visit one of these public stalls, (which is an emergency all in of its self) I’m stuck having to maneuver around a dirty toilet because the door swings back 2 inches from the toilet seat.  
And while I’m at it, why do most bathrooms have a “pull” door handle on the exit where I have to pull open in order to leave.  Doesn’t it make sense to have a push door, so I don’t have to grope some dirty handle?  
Am I all alone on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment