Friday, November 13, 2009

Random Thoughts from The bathroom......


Have you ever went to go check the local weather, maybe on your iPhone or on the web and get this wonderful information: cloudy 32 degrees… and then somewhere close by you read
                                                “feels like 40 degrees”
What’s this all about? I’ve been doing this for years. Checking the weather and saying, “oh, it’s 50 degrees out, but it actually feels like 40″. If it actually felt like 40, wouldn’t it be 40 degrees? Am I crazy, or do we have another new way to measure what it feels like rather then what it actually is? And how exactly are we getting these “feels like” temperatures? Is it some flunky weather guy going outside and saying, “yeah, I guess it feels more ike 40 degrees instead of what it actually is” and then posting it? From now on, please don’t tell me what it “feels” like, but tell what the temperature is. Leave the guessing up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment